Tuesday, May 9, 2017

HUMBLE QUILTS COMES TO McMINNVILLE, OR

Yesterday, Lori from Humble Quilts came to give a presentation on seasonal quilts at my quilt guild, Piecemakers, in McMinnville, OR!  We were thrilled to have her there!

Lori DeJarnatt
I first became acquainted with Lori through blogging, probably followed a link from someone else's blog and this was about around 2009 or so.  I arranged to meet her in 2010 when we were visiting my BIL, who lives close to her.  I also have seen her a couple times at the Sisters Quilt Show and at Aurora Colony in Aurora, OR.


Lori explained why her blog is called Humble Quilts - it's because she loves antique quilts and especially loves how women "made do" with what they had, which meant that they had to use different fabrics because they ran out of the one they were using or a panel was too long, so they just chopped it off in the middle of a block, etc.  Mistakes were left in giving it more character and you don't have to be ashamed of them.

Her trunk show was awesome as you will see below:


Made to commemorate her trip to Denmark


She got the pattern from American Patchwork and Quilting Magazine


Designed by Joined at the Hip





Designed by Country Threads



Flags of the American Revolution designed by Jan Patek (I'm making one of these)



Panel of George Washington was a gift from a friend.

The back of George Washington's quilt has a Martha Washington block on it.


Lori designed this Jubilee quilt for her 50th birthday.
Doesn't this just make you want to get busy sewing?  It does for me.  Lori had a story behind each quilt and some of the pictures didn't turn out, so I couldn't post them - there were quite a few more than this.  I'm trying to decide which one is my favorite, but would have to pick at least 5 or 6 "favorites."

Another bonus was some visitors that came, two of whom told me that they follow my blog!  One of them even won a giveaway I had a while back!  It was such a treat to meet them!  One visitor came from Pendleton, OR!

Thank you so much, Lori!

23 comments:

  1. And thank you for inviting me and this great write up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the pictures. My eyes thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Popping in to say how fun to see Lori's quilts. Hope you're doing well. Things are slowly getting back to normal for me. I know you had a great evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I belonged to this group years ago...so happy that you still exist!! And loved seeing the post. Thanks for sharing!! Lois Stoltenberg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks and sounds like a successful evening. I'm sure Lori does a quality presentation.
    How fun to meet followers from your blog. I'm glad you had visitors show up. Wish I could have been one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun. So wish I could have been there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this lovely show and tell of Lori's visit. I enjoy her blog so much, if I wasn't on the opposite end of the continent, I sure would have loved to have been there! Thanks for giving me a peek into the wonderful event!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ruth gracias por compartir,
    son todos muy bonitos.
    hace años que sigo el blog de Lori

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful quilt show. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great quilt show by Lori! She does beautiful applique, and lots of it! I would have a hard time picking just one favorite too. Glad you got to meet another blogging friend too. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was a great presentation, I truly enjoyed it and nice meeting you. Until next time, Sally

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great trunkshow! Lori makes such beautiful and interesting quilts. Thanks for sharing your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for that. The pictures are great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for sharing pictures of the presentation of Lori's quilts. I love seeing them. The pictures are good!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much for sharing Lori's wonderful trunk show with us! That is a guild meeting I would really love to have attended, and now I almost feel like I had.

    ReplyDelete
  17. How fabulous to see so many of Lori's quilts. She's amazing.
    I wish I could have seen these in person, but seeing them here is the next best thing. thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much for sharing photos from Lori's presentation. Her quilts are spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your group is so lucky! I surely wish Lori would come to our group, but Maine is a long way to go!! Thanks for sharing. She is remarkable!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely presentation for your guild. I can see why you have difficulty choosing a favorite from this trunk show.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful quilts Ruth, how lucky you are to see them in person. I love the history of the quilts. So special. Thankyou for sharing. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for sharing these beautiful quilts and comments. Looks like a wonderful trunk show presentation with Lori.

    ReplyDelete
  23. It looks like a fun time with Lori, I love all of her quilts. Wish I could have joined in the fun!

    ReplyDelete