Wednesday, January 20, 2016

DOLL CLOTHES FOR ABBY

My 7 year old granddaughter, Abby, got a new doll for Christmas.  Below you can see her 18" doll on the left and the new 26" tall doll on the right.  So, as a sewing grandma, I thought I would make some clothes for the new doll.  But, there aren't any patterns for doll clothes that size, so after seeing some information on adjusting patterns, I thought I would try it.  


Of course, I had to make an outfit for the 18" doll too.  The fabric with bicycle wheels seemed to go with the pink bicycle fabric.




I didn't have enough of the wheel fabric, so I chose something else for the large doll.  Her capris aka peddle pushers are longer than they look in photo because they are hidden under the top.  I hope the blouse and peddle pushers fit.  BTW, my "model" doll was purchased at a garage sale for 50 cents.  Someone cut all her hair off!



I had to share the article about our town that was in the paper on Tuesday.  If you can't read it, it states that our town, McMinnville, OR, is on the list of "Best Places to Live in the West" in Sunset Magazine's February 2016 issue.




If anyone reading this plans to attend the "Stitches in Bloom" quilt show at Oregon Gardens in Silverton, OR this weekend, the quilt on my header will be there.  I haven't decided which day I will be going yet, but would love to meet any bloggers that might be there.

9 comments:

  1. what a nice grandma! Mine made quilts for the Velvet doll (the one that grew hair) int the 70s.
    What a nice article in the paper - have fun at the quilt show and I hope you meet up with some bloggy friends. Wish I could go

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet outfits. My Abby doesn't seem too interested in dolls right now, hope that changes! Great news about Mac - we always thought it was about the best smaller city around. Wish I could go to the quilt show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could be there to meet you and see your beautiful basket quilt in person!
    You are a good grandma to sew doll clothes. I'd rather make tiny quilts than tiny clothes! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always said if one can sew doll clothes, she could sew anything well. You've proven that! The doll clothes are cute (I love the fabric), and just in case I haven't told you lately, I love your blue basket quilt. Every time I open your blog and see that picture, I am amazed --- over and over again! I'm sure you will bring home a ribbon from the show! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to come and see your gorgeous basket quilt at the quilt show. I hope some bloggers meet up with you there. Despite the challenges you seem to have nailed the doll's clothes. Abby will not doubt be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I had a granddaughter to sew doll clothes for these are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The clothes look great. I know Abby loved them. Wish I could see your beautiful quilt in person, have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The doll clothes are very cute and the fabrics are adorable. Just perfect for the dolls. You basket quilt is one of my favorites, you put so much work into it, it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a fun grandma which I'm sure is loved deeply! I thought about going to the quilt show, then my kids made an appearance....

    ReplyDelete