Tuesday, September 23, 2014

TOP OF "OVER THE RIVER" FINISHED!

Yesterday morning I was so happy to have sewn on all the borders of the "Over the River and Through the Woods" quilt top.  I laid it down on the floor and something didn't look just right.  I took a picture of it (it was still dark outside, so the picture isn't very good) and finally it dawned on me.  The right border was sewn on the wrong way!  The geese are supposed to fly around the quilt clockwise and not going up on both side borders.


So, last night I undid that border while watching the recording of Masterpiece Theatre and this morning I sewed it on the correct way.

DH held it up outside in our side yard for this picture.  There's a small tree on the right in our neighbors yard that has turned red.


I just can't help doing some sewing, but if I keep doing it, I'm not getting the rest of my things put away and organized.  There is still quite a bit of organizing to do before we are really "settled" so I need to get busy on that instead of getting side tracked.  But I just have to "make" myself do the organizing.  Oh, well, it shouldn't take too much longer.  I also can't show you-all pictures of our house until I get it done.  :-)  Plus, I feel so good when I get things in the house the way I want them!

15 comments:

  1. Love the quilt, I have it on my list. The rain is starting in Oregon so you will have tons of time to sew. I enjoy read your blog each time. Sally


    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love it!!! The colors are beautiful. I really need to get mine quilted. Someday. Maybe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We would have such fun sewing together...nearly identical tastes! This is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awh...I just hold my breath and mutter when I have to "un-sew". Your flimsy is really looking good. Sometimes we just have to reward ourselves with some quilting time :)
    Enjoy !

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is wonderful. Of course you need to sew. Just consider it recharging yourself so you can attack the chores with more vigour. The boxes aren't in hurry and will be waiting for you...though I suppose that's what's bothering you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love those colors and the embroidery is stunning. That is a nice quilt pattern! Maybe you can use your sewing time as a reward for getting some things put away. Decide what needs to be done and reward yourself when you finish. The next day, do it again. I bet things will start looking good really fast and you still get to sew as a break from the task at hand! I am anxious to see more pictures of your new house, so I am cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's somewhat comforting to know I'm not the only one who has had some ripping to do! But you will be forever glad you did it. That is such a darling quilt! I also relate to having to make myself do any organizing around here, and for sure, I have a lot of that to do, and very soon! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just beautiful! You have a lot to do to get settled, but you have to take a little time for yourself too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry, but I had to laugh about you sewing the one flying geese border the wrong way. I did that recently, and after unpicking it, I proceeded to sew it back on--the wrong way again!!! I see you got yours right! Good job--looks great. : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is a wonderful finish. Congratulation !!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely quilt with so much work involved! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this quilt. Since I'm embroidering again, I might have to look into getting the pattern.
    Lillian

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's a gorgeous piece and my seam ripper and I are best friends, unfortunately : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful quilt! But as for the border going the wrong way, I looked and looked for something "wrong" and found nothing. I had to keep reading to find out what you'd messed up. I don't know that anyone would have known if you'd have left it that way, but I know the perfectionist in me would have had me ripping that seam out, so you'll get no lecture here! I'm right there with you about rather being sewing, but if we do a little each day, then we can "earn" our sewing time, right? (Or blogging time...)

    ReplyDelete