Wednesday, September 4, 2013

CAUGHT UP ON BASKETS

I totally caught up on my baskets for a few days until I get the next group in the mail!  


I decided to get busy and quilt the Ohio Star donation quilt made out of men's shirts.  This quilt will be for a teen aged boy.


I did a cinnamon roll in each square of the stars.  I saw this type of quilting in one of Kim Diehl's books.



In the inner border made out of brick size blocks, I tried some different quilting designs from the book, Free Motion Quilting by Angela Walters.  She has some really good "modern" designs for filling in areas.  It doesn't have to be a modern quilt, but I probably wouldn't use some of these on a CW type quilt.


I have found a lot of good ideas in Angela's book.  The swirl that I used in the outer border is a lot easier than it looks and she has great diagrams on how to do it.  Once I get the binding sewn down, I'll take another picture of the whole quilt so you can see that border better.


10 comments:

  1. What teenage boy wouldn't want cinnamon rolls all over his bed? : )
    I am curious to see more of that border. Maybe I just need to get Angela's book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruth - what a great quilt - some teenage kid will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that same machine quilting book. I used her swirls (in a very large scale) on my Shirts Abount quilt. Easy to get the hang of.

    We have so much in common!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilting is amazing! I just have to ask: How long do you spend on a single cinnamon roll? Just wonderin'. Maybe someday I can do l/3 as well???? ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lot of dense quilting! I'm getting tired just thinking about doing that much. It looks good though. Some one will be very lucky to receive this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a terrific quilt for a young boy! Cinnamon swirls, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilting is stunning! Love those cinnamon rolls. Your quilt just jumps off the page! Well done, and those baskets are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the quilt and the fun quilting really looks great. Some little fellow will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well the quilt is great but with the quilting amazing! I love that cinnamon roll (and the kind you eat as well).
    The baskets are so pretty. I just love all that blue and white.
    Happy stitching

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh I love the quilting. It will be a wonderful quilt. Hugs

    ReplyDelete