Friday, January 6, 2012

MORE BLOCKS AND GRAPEFRUIT

 I have finished all the union blocks for my Gone to Texas quilt and plan to start sewing them together soon.

In the mean time, Lori at Humble Quilts has started a quilt along.  Anyone who wants to can follow along to make the replica of an antique quilt.  Here are the first 6 blocks.  It's a small quilt, so it won't take too long.  Thanks, Lori!  Since I didn't bring a lot of fabric along with me, I just barely had enough pink for these 6 blocks (which measure 5").  I think I'll go back to the quilt shop and get some more pink.

Some friends of my DS/DIL called to say they could go and pick grapefruit from their tree.  It was just loaded with them!

DS put a fish net on the end of his golf ball retriever and was able to reach grapefruit high up in the tree. It worked like a charm!

Here is some of what we picked.  I took some to the camper and squeezed several of them for juice.  I love grapefruit juice!!!  Delicious!!

Abigail is sitting on her new Dora couch playing with one of her dolls.  She doesn't like to pose for pictures, so these are candid shots.

Feeding her baby.

Not counting the cold night a couple nights ago, the weather has been beautiful.  It was around 70 degrees yesterday and it's supposed to be 67 today!  


10 comments:

  1. Oh, the taste of fresh citrus right off the tree. So good! Your Gone to Texas look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blocks!!!

    I can only imagine how wonderful the grapefruit tastes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your "Gone to Texas" blocks are beautiful! That is going to be a great quilt!
    Your little shoofly blocks turned out well--I'm sure by now you have noticed the one corner of the blue one that is turned wrong. An easy fix if it bothers you. : )
    Wow, fresh grapefruit juice! Can't get ANY fresher than that!
    Cute little camera-shy granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how you manage to get so much sewing done, and yet have so much fun with the family! All you blocks look great (with that one exception---*tee hee*). It's so fun to see a little girl feeding her baby doll! (Remember, there are no girls since me in my family! So sad!) Weather is nice here today, and has been all week, but a change is coming next week, with a good chance of rain! Yea!!! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blocks! (Except for that little oops and who among us hasn't done that?) Fresh grapefruits sound good, but are much eclipsed by your mention of 70-degree weather. Wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific blocks! That was quite a haul of grapefruit. I read somewhere it affects certain medications but can't remember which ones. Abigail is a real sweetie! ann :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blocks are beautiful, you get so much done, even on vacation! I'll pass on the grapefruit, never have acquired a taste for it but I'm glad you got lots of them. They are good for you! Your granddaughter is so sweet in the pictures, taking care of her babies. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the blocks. Your granddaughter is darling. The warm weather sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How can you sew so much while you are traveling and visiting family. You are amazing.
    Abigail feeding her baby is so adorable.
    Isn't the weather great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Imagine having fresh grapefruits...how fun!
    I think I might have to give in and join the pink grapefruit quilt along!

    ReplyDelete