Thursday, December 15, 2011

ALMOST READY

Almost ready for Christmas!  All shopping is done, presents are mailed or ready to take with us and most baking is finished.  I still need to make spritz cookies - the favorites.  

Here is Jonah's shirt.  Since his Mommy and Daddy are both pilots, he needs a shirt with airplanes on it.  We'll be with them for several days before and for Christmas day and then will go to DS#2/DIL's for Abigail's 3rd birthday and to spend some time with them.  


I quilted the little HST quilt with clamshells.  I found it very hard to stay on the lines!  I think that's one big reason why I like free motion quilting best.  I originally saw this little quilt here and it was made by and sent to her from Kathie at Inspired by Antique Quilts.

You can see the quilting lines better on this one.

Don't work too hard getting ready for Christmas!  

12 comments:

  1. Love the quilt and shirt....the claim shells look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous. Haven't baked the first thing and wrapped only 2 gifts so far. Nothing holding me back but me. But I am having fun in the sewing room finishing up some projects that have nothing to do with Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute shirt! I think your clamshells look very nice on that quilt. Have sfae travels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you could pop in and help me get ready. LOL The shirt is just too cute and he will look adorable in it. Make that handsome. ;)
    Enjoy your adorable grands and have a great holiday visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shirt is perfect and I'm sure he will love it.
    The little quilt is adorable. The clamshell quilting may be a pain but it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect shirt for the little guy!
    I like what you did with the clamshell quilting. I'll have to keep that one in mind.
    Merry Christmas--sounds like you have a very full schedule ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jonah's shirt is fantastic, just perfect for him! Your little HST quilt is adorable, too. Glad to hear you have everything but the cookies done. Have a safe trip and enjoy your family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jonah is a lucky little guy to have such a crafty grandma. The shirt is really cute. I like your little quilt, too. The quilting looks great from here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jonah's going to give you a big hug when he gets that cute shirt! That HST piece has some gorgeous fabrics in it, and I think your clam shells look great! Have fun during Christmas with your kids! Be careful traveling! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute shirt. I love your clamshell quilting, even if it's not 100% perfect, I think it gives your quilt more personality. I think your quilt is lovely. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute shirt, and I love the little quilt you made. It's amazing what can be done with half square triangles! And your clamshells look very good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. the hst quilt looks great, yes it was on my blog and I sent to Janet from Quiltsalot as a present so you saw it on her blog too!
    glad you liked it enough to reproduce it
    clamshells take practice but well worth it
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete