Monday, July 11, 2011

SISTERS QUILT SHOW

This year I decided that I NEEDED to stay in Oregon long enough to go to the Sisters Quilt Show, which I did on Saturday.  I was fortunate enough to have my SIL, my DIL and my GD go with me!  We had a wonderful time!  It was a beautiful day as you can see in the picture below.  This is the display of quilts on the side of The Stitchin' Post.  The owner of The Stitchin' Post started the quilt show in 1975, I believe.  It is a free show and anyone can send a quilt to be displayed.  They can also put up quilts for sale.

Below are some of my favorite quilts from the show, but I'm not showing you all of the ones I took pictures of.  I think there were over 1,300 quilts hanging around the town.  We didn't see all of them.

 I love this eagle quilt!  I want to make an eagle quilt some day.  (Add that to my list).

I didn't expect to see a Texas flag quilt there, so I had to take a picture of it.  The description of it said, "You can take the girl out of Texas, but you can't take Texas out of the girl."



Another quilt on my list.....

These are some antique quilts that were for sale.


Some young entrepreneurs were selling lemonade.

I can't tell you what it meant to me to be able to go to the quilt show with family members!  That is something that just doesn't happen in Texas.  I do have good friends to go with and I'm not minimizing that.

This is the sum total of the sewing that I accomplished over the weekend!  The current civil war block - I'm right on schedule.

In a couple days, we'll be on our way to Idaho to visit some family that I haven't seen for too many years to mention.

16 comments:

  1. What a fun day you had! It must be really nice to see many of beautiful quilts in person at the show. I haven't been to any show like that for years. Especially the outdoor show will be ideal for the summer. Enjoy your vacation with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a goal of mine to someday get to Oregon for that show! Thanks for sharing a peak at it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone should go to the Sisters Quilt show--------once! DH and I went about 15 years ago and it was wonderful, I took so many pictures.
    When I got the pictures developed, I couldn't remember seeing any of them. There is so much to see, but everyone should go once. i guess I can cross that off my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how I'd love to see that show! So many gorgeous quilts! Glad you got to see it. Your CW block looks great, and so did the last one, which I failed to mention. You just keep having fun, and stay safe! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing the quilt show! I'm so glad you were able to share it with you family :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been following the Sisters Quilt Show with Bonnie Hunter, too. One of these years I am going to get my butt to Texas for that show. Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you had such a good time and your pictures are wonderful. I've been reading Bonnie Hunter's blog and seeing her pictures, too. It looks like so much fun. Your CW block is very pretty. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree that the eagle is very good. I think I would just do the eagle and not the compass that is in the corner of the block though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoyed the show and glad you could have family with you, I am sure that was alot of fun....enjoy your trip to Idaho.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great photos and great quilts! My mom has been a few times and I hope oneday I will get there myself. I'm wondering if you saw the quilt my mom sent - last year she won some of the blocks (there's a yearly contest) and put together a quilt and sent it back for display this year. It was black and white mostly, with pops of bright colors and every block was different... That little gal with the lemonade is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know the woman who made the eagle quilt. Bonnie snapped a photo of me looking at it up close!!
    I am so glad you got to come to the show although I'm disappointed we didn't get to meet up. Next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the quilts you shared. It is my goal to get there someday. Thanks for the vicarious visit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a super quilt show! So glad you shared some pix with us. Ann :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful quilt show. Thanks for sharing the pictures it was like being there!

    Carolyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I bet that place was amazing with all those quilts up!!! My mom and I have a habit of just missing, or showing up to early, all those quilting events when we are out on the road;) Glad you got to spend some quilty time with the family;)
    Happy Quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just saw Bonnie's photos too. I really like the eagle quilt too. I love the quilt with the buildings going around the center. And...well they all look so great.
    Glad that you had so much fun seeing the show with family.
    Right now in my area, there is a big quiltfest going on thru Sept. Maybe you will be able to see a show here too!
    Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete