Monday, June 27, 2011

BLOCKS & FROGS

Sunday afternoon is a good time for me to work on the civil war block of the week.  I cut the triangles on Saturday and got the sewing machine set up on Sunday, sewed the block together, feeling very good about getting it finished, and then looked at it.  Uh Oh!  Something is not right here.  And not just one thing is wrong.  

So I got out the well used seam ripper, took it apart and put it back together.  Much better!

One of the activities that I have done here is go for a hike in the woods with my DIL & GS.  Aside from falling in the mud, it was beautiful!  There was a pond and I could hear strange sounds emanating from it.  At first I thought it was a cow mooing, but it didn't quite sound like a cow.  I sat by the pond a while and kept hearing the sound, kind of like a bass fiddle playing one note.  I finally figured out it was bullfrogs in the pond!  I took some pictures of them.  They didn't even swim away when I got close.
 Sometimes they would compete with each other - or so it seemed.
 I love the woods.
Have a good week!

12 comments:

  1. OH!! I LUV-LUV frogs...I am so jealous that you got so close to one. I, honest, and truely...LUV to pet them! They are soo soft/smooth on their tummys and cool to the touch.

    hugZ,
    annie
    rubyslipperz106.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your block turned out very well.

    Thanks for sharing about the woods and the bullfrogs...

    I'm having a June giveaway on my blog, in case you want to visit it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That block gave you a rough go! I've been there - and it's when I decide I need to take a break. A nice walk through the woods sounds like it would be great! Those bullfrogs can get mighty loud, so I'm glad you're enjoying them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOpppss I thought I was the only one who got things a bit turned around when I piece blocks.
    Glad you saw it right away. I did a BOM with lots of different sizes and a friend noticed that I made a mistake on one of the blocks. It is really a pain to fix then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you noticed those little problems; I had to giggle a bit. Did you say, "My goodness!"? What a delight to see the bullfrogs; haven't seen one in many years! Again, I'm envious of your fun times while I'm here slaving! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a pretty view of the forest, especially with the touch of red shining through.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous forest and great little frogs!~ your are a good photographer! Love your blocks and that hand crank machine is something else!~ how did they get much done?!?! still faster than all by hand I reckon~ :)
    that was cutting edge stuff back then!
    GREAT MUSIC!~ My dogs are going nuts. lol
    THey love it too!~ you should hear them. ... lol
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha, I had to use my seam ripper on Sunday too!!
    How fun to listen to the frogs. They look huge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your block is lovely, the color choices are perfect. I use my seam ripper alot.....LOL and not just on Sundays.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your block is beautiful! Mud baths aren't fun, but the discoveries that you find in the woods are and I guess that makes the mud worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I like this week's civil war block. Great colors! I love frogs! You got great pictures of them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't you just love the seam ripper (NOT!!)

    Love the pictures....and love to hike as well.

    ReplyDelete