Saturday, February 20, 2010

PAPER PIECED WALL HANGING

This is a Judie Rothermel kit that I purchased from another blogger. I think it was Cootie Bug but I'm not sure as it was several months ago that I got it. I rarely buy kits and this was a spur of the moment decision! I'm not very fond of paper piecing, but this was easy because it was all strips and I'm happy with it (and happy to have it done - almost)!
This morning I have sandwiched 2 doll quilts, the above wall hanging and four other smaller wall hangings. I pieced some batting together and pinned all the quilts as they aren't very big.
This is one of the doll quilts that I put together yesterday from some leader/ender scraps.
Some people said they would like to see the mittens that I still have from my grandmother. Here they are. She must have gotten maroon yarn on special, because I seem to remember that all the mittens had some maroon in them (which I didn't like)!
I think I have been averaging at least 6 hours of sewing per day this week - not counting the hand quilting while I watch TV. I have so many projects going on it's ridiculous! We are planning to start doing craft shows again soon, so I need to get some projects ready for that.

11 comments:

  1. I love the mittens. A family friend made mittens when I was a child. They were the best and looked very similar to yours. 6 hours of sewing per day, I am so jealous! My husband can't understand why or how I can have more than one project going at a time. He just doesn't get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a treasure those mittens are! Wish I had some right now; my hands are cold.
    You have had a really good morning! The flag is cute. I'm not fond of paper piecing either, but I'm determined to learn to like it sometime this year! You should have no problem getting several things for the craft show. When and where? ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm envys I can not set at a sewing machine more then a few hours my legs won't allow it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an unusual quilt but so cool! Great job on the PP!!

    The mittens are so special and you are lucky to still have them.
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love anything patriotic--the little quilt is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the flag quilt. But were you pulling your hair out to get the same fabrics all the way around and in the right spot? It looks fantastic! How big is it?

    The mittens are a treasure, no matter their color. Maybe your grandmother's favorite color was maroon? (In 100 years people may think I got purple stuff on sale because I love it so much...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the flag quilt, it looks great. I love pretty much anything with flags on it, or done in red, white and blue. Anything patriotic is great.

    Your mittens are a real treasure. They were made with love.

    You have really accomplished a lot!

    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your paper piecing looks great. I love the results with pp but I have to be in the mood to do it.
    Love the mittens. I have a couple of pot holders my grandma made that I never use, I just like to have them.
    You are really sewing up a storm. Enjoy.
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those mittens are oozing with love!!;)
    Six hours a day of quilting, huh?...Nice;)
    I've never seen that flag pattern before...it came out really cute;)
    Happy Quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It seems you can't beat retirement - you get so much done! Nice work Ruth. How wonderful to have Grandma's mittens - even if you don't like the colour. Ann :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet doll quilt and I love the mittens!

    ReplyDelete