Saturday, June 27, 2009

MYSTERY QUILT BLOCKS

I finished the blocks for Bonnie Hunter's "Christmas Lights" mystery quilt Part 1, which is in the July/August 2009 issue of Quiltmaker magazine. I've never done a mystery quilt before and I have seen Bonnie's quilts before and love them, so thought I would try it.

Now, I can put that away for a couple months, till the next issue comes out. I have lots of other projects to finish.

We are finally going to Florida to see Abigail!!! DH is getting a lot better, so we made reservations. Can't wait!

I got the bedding finished for this doll bed.
I made a mattress and covered it with fabric printed like "ticking."
Then I made a sheet that the mattress slips into and put velcro as a closure. I did the same with the sheet for Abigail's doll bed, but ran out of velcro, so need to get some today.
Here's how the end closes. I think it will work. That way when the sheet gets dirty, it can be washed. DH is going to paint it white. He is the painter in the family. Hee Hee!!

Now I'm off to Common Threads Quilt Shop in Waxahachie, TX. They are having a sale today & I want to see if I can get some reproductions. They specialize in them.

I never did hear from Martha, so we drew again on Wednesday and Janet is the winner - see her blog here.

3 comments:

  1. Cute doll beds...what a lucky find. I bet Bonnie's mystery quilt will be wonderful and surely something to look forward to these next several months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I'm chuckling over the sheets getting dirty -- you mean like when the doll wets the bed or throws up??? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you again! I just love the doll bed and the bedding is adorable.

    ReplyDelete