Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Doll Quilts, etc.

I have been home sick for a couple days and have been able to get some quilting done on the baby quilt. (I was too sick to go to work, but not too sick to quilt-luckily)! I want to finish it this week so I can show it at my quilters guild meeting on Monday. The baby shower is March 16 and I will give it to our son & DIL at the shower.

I haven't shown some of my favorite things yet on my blog - doll quilts. This first one is one my grandma made for my doll bed (pictured below) that my grandpa made me probably around 1950. I was so happy when I got the doll bed out of my mom's store room and brought it to our home.
This next picture is a tumbling block hand pieced/hand quilted doll quilt that I made this year. I don't know if I will give it away or not. Right now I like having it hang on the armoir in our bedroom. The little tea set on the table is the set that I had as a child. I have all the pieces and really want a little china cabinet to display them in. Maybe someday I'll get one. I love having vintage treasures on display!
This medallion doll quilt is out of of the book "American Doll Quilts" by Kathleen Tracy. I made three of these at the same time. One for a silent auction, one to give to a little girl in the family and one to keep. I love little quilts!

And here is my very favorite thing - the doll bed my grandpa made and in it is one of my mother's dolls from around 1920! The doll is actually a boy doll, but the only clothing I could find was this dress. The poor guy must be very embarrassed to be wearing a dress! Of course, back then, boys did wear dresses, didn't they? I do have a pattern for some overalls and pajamas, but haven't gotten around to making them yet. One of these days.....
Please check out Lynette Anderson Designs on my links. She has a Noah's Ark BOM and the first stitchery is available for download right now. It looks like fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment