Sunday, December 2, 2007

Getting ready for Christmas

About a month ago I laid out these blocks to try to decide how to arrange them, thinking that I might get it finished in time for Christmas. What was I thinking? I should have known I wouldn't get it finished this year! It isn't scheduled for a gift, so I'm putting it away. Hopefully, I'll get it finished next year. The pattern is "Hokey Pokey" & I can't remember the name of the designer. I took the class last November in Cedar Hill, TX.


blog post photo


I just finished four sweat shirt jackets with cats on the front (one for me, one to sell at a craft show Saturday and two for gifts). I think they are pretty cute. I hope people like them. Here is a close-up of one of the cats. I love the whiskers!







blog post photo


Below is a picture of some aprons I made for my 2 DILs, granddaughter and one for myself. These aprons are reversable, with three pockets on each side made of the reverse fabric. The pocket in the middle chest area is for a cell phone. I've had the fabric on the right with the morning glories & hummingbirds for quite some time and had never gotten to making anything with it, so I thought this would be a good way to use it. That one is for me, as I am very partial to morning glories & hummingbirds.blog post photo

3 comments:

  1. Hi!!!! It's me, Celeste(yourDIL's DS ;0) What a beautiful quilt!!!! I'm so glad you're doing this so I can see more of your beautiful work, woo hoo!!!! I promise not to spill the beans, either. My DS and DN and DN and BIL are very blessed to have you for DM and DMIL and DGM (ha, did I get all those letters right!!?). I love your cats, too...Have a great Christmas, I know you will!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS, I wanted to add that the colors in your quilt-to-be came out very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete