Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve

It's Christmas Eve and we have everything ready.  We're waiting for our youngest DS and DIL to arrive for supper.  Tomorrow our oldest DS, DIL, DGD, DGS will arrive in time for supper (we hope).  Our DS had to work today and they are coming from Oregon.  (BTW, I'm not sure I got the abbreviations right.  Is there a place that has them all listed for new bloggers)?

Let's not forget what Christmas is all about - the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ the Lord!

Below is part of my Christmas village that I made out of plastic canvas about 20 years ago.  

Remember, this is Texas, so the pansies are blooming and will continue all winter.  The temp has been going down to about freezing at night and it is supposed to be in the 50's during the days this week - beautiful weather.  But, alas, no white Christmas for us.  My DGS wanted to know if it would snow.  I guess not this year.  It is possible, though, we usually don't get much and it usually melts quickly.
I spent my morning making lefse, our favorite Christmas Norwegian tradition.  I have already sampled it and it is yummy!
Merry Christmas to one and all from Texas!

No comments:

Post a Comment